• The Tigers are coming into the competition after a historic game against North American after surpassing its highest scoring record in a single game this century while scoring 109 points in the 109-67 win. The previous record was in a 106-46 victory over Tougaloo College in 2002.
• Junior guard Daeja Holmes led with a game-high 26 points and added eight boards as she leads the team averaging 20.5 points and 6.5 rebounds.
• Old Dominion is currently 3-0 with wins against Lincoln, Buffalo, and Xavi- er. The Monarch offense is paced by En'Dya Buford and Kaye Clark who averages 11 and 10 points per game.
• The last time Texas Southern played against a Sun Belt Conference team was the 2017-18 season in a 70-56 loss to texas state.
• Texas Southern returns four starters: Taniya Lawson, Jaida Belton, Alisa Knight, and Anela Thomas.
• The Tigers will see a lot of new faces this year as they've brought in nine newcomers. However, they've lost nine letterwinners and feature a pair of new assistant coaches.