• This marks the second year for TSU head coach Johnny Jones. Jones went 24-14 in his inaugural year as head coach with three Power 5 conference wins. TSU fell in the finals of the 2019 swac Tournament and competed in the CIT. TSU advanced to the semifinals of the CIT last season.
• This is a big weekend for the tigers as they currently hold sole possession of second place but only by one game. The Tigers need to keep winning in order to remain in the top four to host a first round SWAC Tournament contest on Tuesday, March 10.
• Head coach Johnny Jones is 76-72 all-time in the month of February and 11-3 at TSU.
• Jones is 4-0 lifetime against Alabama A&M.
• Alabama A&M is in eighth place and holds a two-game lead for the final spot in the SWAC Tournament. Under the direction of Dylan Howard, Cameron Alford leads the team with 14.3 points and 5.8 rebounds per game.
• TSU has dominated the series against Alabama A&M recently as the Tigers have won 13 straight and 24 of the past 25 match-ups. AAMU's last win over TSU was on Feb. 1, 2014.
• Yahuza Rasas has nine double-doubles on the season for the Tigers and averages 9.2 rebounds in SWAC play. TSU's eden ewing is averaging 11 points and 5.0 rebounds since the start of SWAC play.
• TSU takes the term “home, sweet home” to heart as the Tigers are 100-23 inside the H&PE Arena since 2008. TSU has won nine-plus games at home every year since the 2010-11 season and needs one more win to extend the streak this season.
• TSU was picked second in the Southwestern Athletic Conference preseason poll as senior forward Eden Ewing was named to the All-SWAC Preseason First Team. Ewing was granted a sixth year of eligibility in the summer.