2016 Texas Southern Football Schedule [Updated 12/10/2015]

Alabama State win

1) We beat ASU for the first time in 5 years which is great but expected. ASU is still crying about that ass whooping last week.
2) Defense didn't quite play to their full potential but was solid from what I could hear
3) The O-line gotta do better holding off defenders ... if not the QB must stay in shotgun and have WRs do quick slants more often. I hate when they see a blitz coming and he's waiting try to throw a hail mary.
4) The RB situation .... do we have a RB coach? If not, we should invest in one.
5) Alabama A&M will be another win. Alcorn is a maybe (last year it was definitely not), Jackson State is a maybe, SU looks really strong but an injury away from trash, and Grambling State should win every SWAC game. In other words, the SWAC Championship game is still possible.

Tigers defeat AAMU and have a bye week this week. The next game is at Alcorn and then Jackson State for homecoming

Here's this weeks Fighting Tiger Football Show:

Wow .. The Chronicle writes a blurb about TSU football
It's a freelance writer... they've been doing it all season. I think in a way it's an application for the Chronicle as the last guy who was doing it now covers the Dynamo for the paper as an employee.

I'm ready for football to be over because the season has pretty much ran its course .... nothing really to anticipate from my perspective.

We will end the season 4 - 7 (beat UAPB and lose to SWAC powers SU and GSU). I feel like we had a pretty successful season considering most games we lost were very close.

During the off-season we need to focus on the offense. The defense seems to be solid and looks to be so next year.
1) New QBs. Love ya Hurt but you're too short and I don't like the way you throw b/c of it.
2) New RBs. It's been a very long time since we had a good RB and tired of waiting
3) New WRs. We don't really have a go-to/star receiver and we desperately need one.

Back