2015-2016 TSU Tigers Basketball Schedule, Roster, & TV Information [UPDATED 12/24/15]

New Mexico's arena is 5,312 feet above sea level... over a mile above sea level. Having run and hiked at this elevation and higher, I can tell it will gas you out if you haven't trained for it. I'm talking about, you know for a fact you can keep going, but your body doesn't cooperate due to the low oxygen levels that your muscles need. I hope the team has implemented some elevation mask training prior to this game or else you're going to see our boys get gassed quickly.

If i can stream my parents DirectTV that would be great!
The app/web won't let you stream it unfortunately... keep checking IsTheGameOn.com for updates

Texas Southern prepares for another tough non conference slate
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...rn-prepares-for-another-tough-non-6627884.php

Texas Southern has every right to carry some boastful pride into the 2015-16 season.

But that's not the feeling around Tigers' practice - they are working like they haven't achieved anything.

"What's easy now will be hard later and what's hard now will be easy later," coach Mike Davis said. "So, we want to make everything as difficult as possible."

It's immediately difficult as the Tigers open the season at New Mexico on Friday. And so begins another uphill climb to an NCAA Tournament berth.

Clemson Basketball preview vs. Texas Southern:
CLEMSON (2-0) vs. TEXAS SOUTHERN (0-2)

Date: Thursday, November 19

Tipoff: 7 p.m.

Arena: Bon Secours Wellness Arena (14,897)

Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)

Web: ESPN3 (Pete Yanity-pbp; Nate Ross-color)

Clemson will play its third home game in six days to start the season on Thursday, before leaving Saturday for Las Vegas and the MGM Grand Main Event, which is set for November 23 and 25.

Thursday’s game is the first ever between Clemson and Texas Southern.

Clemson held its first two opponents to 45 points or less. It is the first time the Tigers have done that in consecutive games since Jan. 12 and 15, 2013.

TICKETS

Click HERE and type in the promo code 'THURSDAY' to access discounted tickets for Thursday's game against Texas Southern. General admission tickets are $5 and reserved seats are $8.

SERIES HISTORY

First meeting

TIGER TRACKS

Thursday’s game is the second round of the Men Who Speak Up Main Event, the regular season tournament the Tigers are part of in Las Vegas, Nev. The Tigers previously won the opening game of the event, 78-45 over UTSA.

Clemson follows next week in the heavyweight division of the event at the MGM Grand in Vegas, by playing UMass (Nov. 23) and either Creighton or Rutgers (Nov. 25).

Clemson will face a Texas Southern team coached by Mike Davis, former Indiana and UAB coach. The Tigers defeated Davis’ Blazers team in the 2011 NCAA Tournament in Brad Brownell’s first season.

Donte Grantham set career highs last time out against UTSA for points (22), field goals (7) and three-pointers (5).

As a team, Clemson has made 20 threes and shot 42 percent from behind the arc over the first pair of games.

The Tiger program is now 33-2 all-time when holding opponents to 50 points or less under Brownell.

TSU hoops journal: Tigers go through early growing pains
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...s-journal-Tigers-go-through-early-6641552.php

Editor's note: As the Texas Southern Tigers try to get back to the NCAA Tournament for the fourth straight season, coach Mike Davis will talk with the Houston Chronicle each week about how the ups and downs, the struggles and highlights on the journey of the 2015-16 season.

Head coach Mike Davis saw a familiar sight in college basketball's opening week.

A few mid-majors scored wins over power conference teams – the Texas Southern Tigers know what that is like well from the 2014-2015 season.

"We definitely know it can be done because we've been there before," Davis said. "Even Southern beat Mississippi State last night. Alabama State beat Virginia Tech. We're excited. We just wish we were there now.

"But it's all about January, February and March for us."

I have to be honest, I'm a little disappointed these games we've been playing haven't been close ... especially considering how well we did last year preseason against power teams.

Maybe we're missing key players, I'm still learning the new players and things ... can anyone confirm if all our players are playing right now.

I knew it, I knew we were missing people and I forgot about Griffin. he should just skip the last game .... Assberry can recruit but he can't coach

Back