TSUSports.com: Volleyball Picks Up The Pace After Pair Of Scrimmages

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
VB5682.jpg

The TSU volleyball team began week two of camp with a pair of scrimmages on Sunday and Tuesday. The Lady Tigers opened Sunday with the annual alumni match and returned to the court Tuesday morning for a scrimmage versus Lee College.
"I think we're gelling pretty well now," said head coach Jocelyn Adams. "We had an alumni match on Sunday and we were looking a little slower where we would want to be in the preseason but we gelled pretty good today (Tuesday). I think the overall flow of the game was good and the girls are getting the concepts. We changed some offensive and defensive sets which their understanding now and trying to execute."

In Tuesday's 3-0 scrimmage win over Lee College, Adams was pleased with the team's play.

"We executed our defensive and offensive sets but I think we need to play a little faster," she said. "Overall, we're running the type of offense and defense we want to see. The girls are buying into the change."

With the first game scheduled for Aug. 30, Adams has a little more than a week to fine tune the little things before the season starts.

"We're going to keep pushing a faster tempo and want to get our middles involved," she said. "We also want to make sure the ball is moved around as much as possible so we can take teams by surprise and do some things they haven't seen us do in the past."

Print Friendly Version

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back