TSUSports.com: Combs earns Honorable Mention on the AP's All-American teams

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
CombsAtMVSU.jpg

HOUSTON – Texas Southern University basketball player Jeremy Combs earned Honorable Mention from the Associated Press as it released its All-American teams last week.

Combs, a 6-foot-7 graduate transfer from Dallas (North Texas/LSU) led the Tigers with averages of 17.6 points and 9.3 rebounds per game during the 2018-19 season. He led the Southwestern Athletic Conference in rebounding and was named the conference's Player of the Year and Newcomer of the Year.

He was one of 38 players to receive Honorable Mention from the AP. The AP also placed 15 players on its Division I All-American First, Second, and Third teams.

Combs was also named to the BOXTOROW Division I All-American First Team. BOXTOROW's All-American Teams are comprised of players from historically black colleges and universities that compete at the NCAA's Division I classification.

The honors are just the latest for Combs, who was a dominant force for the Tigers throughout the season. He was named the SWAC's Player of the Week five times during the season; he earned that award four weeks in a row during the month of February.

Print Friendly Version

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back