Anaso Jobodwana

dal4018

This young sprint sensation from Jackson St has decided to,forego his last two yrs of eligibility to join the professional ranks of world class sprinters

Anaso Jobodwana was given an opportunity.

And he ran with it.

The former Jackson State track star chose to forgo his last two years of eligibility with the Tigers and turn pro, signing with Nike. His was given the offer after competing in the World Championships in Moscow in August, when he finished sixth in the 200 meters, clocking 20.14 seconds.

“I guess Nike was interested, and so I had to make that decision of whether I wanted to stay back in school or go pro,” Jobodwana said. “The best decision was to turn pro because it would open me up to a whole lot more.”

The 21-year-old South African ran for his home country in the London 2012 Olympics, where he advanced to the finals and finished eighth in 20.69. He will continue to represent South Africa in competitions.

Read the rest: http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20131213/SPORTS030101/312130036/Jackson-State-track-star-Anaso-Jobodwana-turns-pro

I was hoping that he gave the NCAA finals one more shot wanted him to come home with a 200 crown he has been knocking on the door since his frosh yr in which he made the finals running 20.66 setting a indoor SWAC record

Back