• This marks the second year for TSU head coach Johnny Jones. Jones went 24-14 in his inaugural year as head coach with three Power 5 conference wins. TSU fell in the finals of the 2019 SWAC Tournament and competed in the CIT. TSU advanced to the semifinals of the CIT last season.
• The Tigers are assured of hosting a first round home game but seeding is still up in the air. TSU will either enter as the second or third seed based on them winning and what Southern does against Prairie View A&M as they do not hold the tiebreaker.
• Head coach Johnny Jones is 39-31 all-time in the month of March and 9-3 at TSU.
• Jones is 2-1 lifetime against Alcorn State and 2-1 against ASU’s Montez Robinson.
• Alcorn State is battling for a first round home tournament game and are playing in the right place in its pursuit as ASU has won 12-of-14 at home. Four players average in double figures led bu 14 points from Maurice Howard. Kobe Wilson tops all rebounders with six per game.
• TSU’s 25-game win streak over ASU came to an end in January as it marked the first win over TSU for head coach Montez Robinson. ASU has not swept a season series over TSU since 2006.
• TSU takes the term “home, sweet home” to heart as the Tigers are 102-23 inside the H&PE Arena since 2008. TSU has won nine-plus games at home every year since the 2010-11 season as they’re 10-1 this season.
• TSU was picked 2nd in the SWAC preseason poll as senior forward Eden Ewing was named to the All-SWAC Preseason First Team. Ewing was granted a sixth year of eligibility in the summer.