• This marks the second year for TSU head coach Johnny Jones. Jones went 24-14 in his inaugural year as head coach with three Power 5 conference wins. TSU fell in the finals of the 2019 SWAC Tournament and competed in the CIT. TSU advanced to the semifinals of the CIT last season.
• The Tigers had their six-game winning streak come to an end Monday night at Alabama State. The Tigers are still in first place but with seeding on the line in the second half of SWAC play, point differential will become a factor in the second half.
• Head coach Johnny Jones is 73-70 all-time in the month of February and 8-1 at TSU.
• Jones is 2-2 lifetime against Prairie View A&M and PVAMU’s Byron Smith.
• Prairie View A&M was picked to win the conference in the SWAC preseason poll and leads the SWAC in total defense with 69 points per game. Gerard Andrus leads the way in scoring with 14 points per game while Lenell Henry ranks ninth in the SWAC in rebounding with six per game.
• Yahuza Rasas has seven double-doubles on the season for the Tigers and averages 10.1 rebounds in SWAC play. TSU’s Eden Ewing is averaging 11.9 points and 6.7 rebounds since the start of SWAC play.
• Since 2013, TSU is 12-5 against PVAMU but since 1981, TSU sports a 24-13 record against
PVAMU inside the Baby Dome. Since 1997, TSU is 8-13 at Prairie View and has lost 12 of the past 18 in Prairie View. TSU’s last win at PVAMU was in 2017.
• TSU takes the term “home, sweet home” to heart as the Tigers are 96-23 inside the H&PE Arena since 2008. TSU has won nine-plus games at home every year since the 2010-11 season.
• TSU was picked second in the Southwestern Athletic Conference preseason poll as senior forward Eden Ewing was named to the All-SWAC Preseason First Team. Ewing was granted a sixth year of eligibility in the summer.