• The Texas Southern women’s basketball team is back in action Tuesday night against Mississippi Valley State inside the H&PE Arena at 5:30 p.m. The contest will be streamed live on YouTube and can be heard also on KTSU 90.9 FM.
• Tonight’s game is important for the Tigers as both teams enter with one win. MVSU has played four more contests than TSU in SWAC play and six more overall when you factor in nonconference play.
• The injury bug hasn’t been kind to TSU in 2020-21 as no player has played in all eight of the team’s games this season.
• Guard Ataiya Bridges leads the Tigers with 16 points and 5.7 rebounds per game while Te’Aire Hambrick follows with 13 points.
• Head coach Cynthia Cooper-Dyke is 62-39 all-time in the month of February and 13-4 at TSU.
• Cooper-Dyke is 11-3 all-time against Mississippi Valley State.