TSUSports.com: Texas Southern Announces Change In Volleyball Leadership

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
squad_timeout2.JPG

Story Links
Texas Southern University head volleyball coach Jocelyn Adams has officially resigned from her position, TSU Vice President of Intercollegiate Athletics Kevin Granger announced today.

"I would like to thank Coach Adams for all of her hard work and dedication she has put into the volleyball program," said Granger. "She was a role model for our student-athletes and her teams annually excelled in the classroom and on the court. She has been a great ambassador for TSU and I wish her the best."

While at TSU, Adams led the Lady Tigers to three SWAC Western Division Championships and finished as the SWAC Tournament Runner-ups on two occasions. Nine student-athletes have received All-SWAC honors under Adams' watch including 2014 SWAC Co-Player of the Year Kali Fluke, 2014 SWAC Freshman of the Year Robyn Shannon and 2018 Preseason SWAC Player of the Year Kirby Anderson.

"I had a wonderful experience during my time at Texas Southern both on and off the court," said Adams. "I enjoyed working with my student-athletes and watching them grow on the court athletically while helping them mature and graduate into productive citizens once their volleyball careers came to a close. I will also cherish the relationships I've formed with the Texas Southern University family over the years and wish them nothing but the best."
Assistant coach Gabrielle Floyd has been named interim head coach and will handle the day-to-day functions of the program. The university will immediately conduct a national search for the next volleyball coach at TSU.

Print Friendly Version

Courtesy: TSU Athletics

Back