TSUSports.com: Men’s Golf Concludes Play At TVA Credit Union Invitational

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
FLORENCE, Ala. – The Texas Southern University men’s golf team ended their fall tournament run in the final round of the TVA Credit Union Invitational Tuesday.

Freshman William O’Connor took the lead for the Tigers after day one of the TVA Union Invitational hosted by North Alabama.

O’Conner posted a 148 total on day one including a second round 72, a four-shot improvement from round one.

“We revealed our youth during the first round,” head golf coach Dr. Gary Grandison said. “The course is challenging at parts and our men are getting valuable experience.”

Freshman Kci Lindskog, along with Junior Devansh Chadha, posted a 3-over-par 75 in the second round.

Concluding the tournament, O’Conner maintained his level of play for the Tigers with his final 3-over 75 to finish tied 17th individually. Freshman Kci Lindskog posted a 2-over 74.

“I like many characteristics of our team and I enjoy being around them,” Grandison said. “This is a young team, but I am excited for what next semester has to offer for them.”

The TVA Credit Union Invitational concludes Texas Southern University men’s golf fall season. The Tigers return to play in the spring of 2022, teeing up with the SWAC Preview in Birmingham, Ala. in February 2022.

For more information on Texas Southern University Golf, follow us on Twitter (@TXSOTigers), Instagram (@TXSUGolf), and like us on Facebook.

Courtesy: TSUSports.com

Back