TSUSports.com: Men’s Basketball Announces Resignation Of Special Assistant Randy Peele

TigerFans

Administrator
Staff member
thumbnail_image_1_.png

Texas Southern head men’s basketball coach Johnny Jones announced today the resignation of special assistant to the head coach Randy Peele.

A member of head coach Johnny Jones’ inaugural staff at TSU, Peele has played an integral part in the program’s success with two NCAA Tournament First Four wins, two SWAC Tournament Championships, three SWAC Tournament Finals appearances and multiple Power 5 wins along with a memorable run in the 2019 CIT. Statistically, Peele also played a major role in TSU’s dominance on the court as the Tigers consistently ranked amongst the top teams in the SWAC on the defensive end. Prior to TSU, Peele spent time at Tennessee State as an assistant coach while also serving as head coach at Winthrop and UNC Greensboro.

“Coach Peele has had a tremendous impact on our program over the last four years not just on the basketball court but we’ve developed an unbelievable relationship as both colleagues and friends,” said Jones. “When you talk about family, he epitomizes everything you want based on the connections he has made with our players, my family and staff. He’s someone that has had a major impact on the team the past four years and we’re very appreciative for the time and energy he has put into the program.”

“I’ve been away from my family for four years and I felt this is the right time to get back to Nashville and be with my wife and daughter as I have to be a tremendous husband and father first,” said Peele. “We’ve had a great four years at TSU and Coach Jones is an outstanding person and tremendous coach. I love the staff dearly and I have nothing but love for the TSU community as they’ve made me feel at home. This was truly a family atmosphere and I appreciate the time we had together. I’m looking forward to other opportunities in the future and will always cherish my time in Houston. It has been a blessing and I’ll see what God has in store for me in the near future.”

Courtesy: TSUSports.com

Back