TIgers VS Bearkats

KumbayaKat

I hope to see many Tiger fans this weekend in Huntsville. Remember it is only about an hour away for most of the Houston area, even less for those in Spring or the Woodlands. I always enjoy watching OOC games with nearby schools, although a lot of message board fans do not share my opinion. Game time is set for 6 and some of the games get a little long with all the pass attempts and media time outs. SHSU is pretty hot right now after their 7th win of the season. QB Jeremiah Briscoe, from Stratford HS has thrown 29 td passes so far and the running game has 21 collectively. What can we expect from the 2016 Tigers?

All of our games have been close so far this season, so being the #1 team in the FCS, try not to completely blow the game wide open :)

Briscoe has had one story-like journey to SHSU, so I'm sure he's got numbers he's wanting to reach and break. I'm hoping we can contain him as our team is in a transition phase with our new HC. Our defense is a bend don't break type right now and our offense tends to struggle against the blitz. SHSU seems to bring an 8-man front with little blitzing so it's gonna be a fight in the trenches.

I hope to win every game, but when we lose I hope to at least keep the game close. We lost our starting QB in the first game, Derrick Griffin a few games afterwards, and have had the injury bug plague us a bit. I believe we have 7 rushing TD and 11 passing TD as a team. Our kicker Eric Medina is 11-11 on the season with a long of 51, so he's helped in a large way. If we can stay healthy and keep the ball in front of us as a defense, they can hold their own, but SHSU has a lot of weapons so we'll see...

Best of luck for the rest of the season. One thing I heard repeated over a nd over was how much Huntsville missed the Ocean.

Best of luck for the rest of the season. One thing I heard repeated over a nd over was how much Huntsville missed the Ocean.

The game would be more interesting if SHSU came to Houston. Every time we play SHSU, we travel to Huntsville. Most of SHSU alumni live closer to Houston so why not bring the game to them. Especially next year since we are primed to have a stronger, more competitive team.

The game would be more interesting if SHSU came to Houston. Every time we play SHSU, we travel to Huntsville. Most of SHSU alumni live closer to Houston so why not bring the game to them. Especially next year since we are primed to have a stronger, more competitive team.
With OOC games it comes down to writing a check and availability. The last TSU /SHSU game was in 2014 in Houston at BBVA. One of the drawbacks of being second tenant in a fine facility like BBVA meant the game was on a Thursday, and for some reason there was no Ocean that night either. So so turnout but I think it was the weeknight that hurt. The BMB was not present, but SHSU rarely sends the band except for Piney Woods and playoffs.

With OOC games it comes down to writing a check and availability. The last TSU /SHSU game was in 2014 in Houston at BBVA. One of the drawbacks of being second tenant in a fine facility like BBVA meant the game was on a Thursday, and for some reason there was no Ocean that night either. So so turnout but I think it was the weeknight that hurt. The BMB was not present, but SHSU rarely sends the band except for Piney Woods and playoffs.
Yup the last game we hosted in 2014 and SHSU had a pretty good turnout. The orange seats made it feel like an away game for us.

I can't remember where I saw it, but I think we are hosting them next year -- or maybe I'm confusing them with HBU who is definitely coming to BBVA next year... can't remember o_O

Back