#Tigernation Football Fall 2015

Also I think Derrick Griffin might be too much for the SWAC to handle.  For those who don't know, he's a former 5-star recruit that plays WR.  But it all boils down to who is our QB, last year I wasn't satisfied with the line nor the QB but DG is our secret weapon ... if we have a half-way decent line and QB, I see us playing on ABC on a Saturday morning.

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
So what's up with our QB situation .... who got the 411?
I should be able to make a practice sometime this week, so I'll report what I see.

I know others on here have been to practices daily and know more though.

Nelson said:
I should be able to make a practice sometime this week, so I'll report what I see.

I read the "scouting reports" but I don't recall anything about the QB.  I believe we have a new offensive coordinator

TXSUDFWTIGER said:
I read the "scouting reports" but I don't recall anything about the QB.  I believe we have a new offensive coordinator
If you're referring to the Chronicle's "report" -- that was just basically a copy/paste from Dave Campbell's Texas Football. I believe Johnathan Bowen is the starter as of right now.

Yes, we have a new OC (Shannon) & DC (Northern): http://tsusports.com/news/2015/2/13/FB_0213155326.aspx?path=football

Nelson said:
If you're referring to the Chronicle's "report" -- that was just basically a copy/paste from Dave Campbell's Texas Football. I believe Johnathan Bowen is the starter as of right now.

Yes, we have a new OC (Shannon) & DC (Northern): http://tsusports.com/news/2015/2/13/FB_0213155326.aspx?path=football
 Thanks, but I try not to read the Chronicle much anyway.  Their coverage of Houston area college athletics is terrrible

Nelson said:

How'd they look?

I'm predicting a close game next week. It looks like UAPB sucks too .. they barely handling a Division II team.  And it looks Jackson State is trash too they're getting trashed by Tenn St. but they still should beat us.

Love the new site.

And I was right (look up). UAPB will likely win only one SWAC game so this game is a false indicator of success if you will. I still hate Asberry, I still want him gone, based on what I heard on the radio they didn't play like I wanted.

Next week I'm pretty confident we will get beat soundly. The only SWAC teams we can beat left are maybe MVSU and super maybe Alabama State which means we will be under .500 yet again.

But the West is strong this year ... GSU, SU, and PVAMU are improving and playing respectably well. The East only has Alcorn State thriving, Jackson State is OK but makes too many mistakes and AAMU is too inconsistent as well

Last edited:
From what I heard, it was more of the same. Jackson State, Alabama State, and MVSU are winnable games, but I fear the Southern game will disappoint the alumni who come out to the Homecoming game only.

Unless Southern have serious injuries from playing UGA Saturday, we will likely get blown out on homecoming yet again ... I don't remember the last time we won homecoming, it's been that long.

One game at a time I guess...
This weeks game preview:
The Setup

The worst-case scenario for the Tigers’ first three games came to fruition when they dropped to 0-3 with a loss against Southern last week. JSU’s defense hasn’t been playing well and the offense hasn’t been consistent enough. The schedule does lighten up now, though, so if the Tigers are looking to turn things around it’s a good time to start. JSU hasn’t started 0-4 since 1968, when it went 0-5 to open the year.

Texas Southern has been outgained in both of its SWAC games this season. They made some big plays on defense and special teams last week to escape with a 24-20 win against Arkansas-Pine Bluff. TSU’s defense is rated first in the conference as of now, but it had most of its success in a 63-0 win against Bacone College, which managed just 126 total yards.
Read the rest: http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...review-texas-southern-jackson-state/72778534/

Just a reminder, Asberry is 0-3 against Jackson State in his first 3 seasons at TSU

Back