Small conferences 'keep trying to chase the dream'

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
Texas Southern, Sam Houston State and Houston Baptist are separated by tens of millions of dollars and several ledges on the NCAA food chain from the discussion about expanded decision-making powers for the richest collegiate conferences.

But athletic directors at each school know they could at some point be affected by whatever decisions are made by their more affluent counterparts at Texas, Texas A&M, Alabama, Ohio State and USC.

Interesting piece of the article:
TSU athletic director Charles McClelland can envision a scenario where Texas Southern could stay in the Southwestern Athletic Conference or seek out another Football Championship Subdivision league or even a Football Bowl Subdivision conference.

"The only thing I can guarantee you is that TSU will be ready when the time comes. If that means staying where we are or moving on to an FBS program, we are positioning ourselves to have that option and not to be forced in one direction or another."

Read the rest: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college/article/Small-conferences-keep-trying-to-chase-the-dream-5315311.php?t=e775ebbe3b#/0

The conference would need to invite us... but I'm sure IF we were to move, it wouldn't be a lateral move (like Southland Conference for example)

I don't think anyone would invite TSU so it's better to stay put!!!!

Hey Stephen F Austin pulled a major upset beating Virginia Commonwealth isn't Jabari Peters 6-4 200 pg/sg still on that squad ex-TSU recruit?!?!

As of right now, I wouldn't expect a move either, but they're saying they're prepared for the ever-changing landscape and if the time comes, then we're ready.

Jabari Peters is actually at Sam Houston and is the leading scorer and assists leader there.

I stand corrected thanks Nelson.I hope they stay in the SWAC

Peters you guys sure could have used him vs Cal Poly another scoring threat on the perimeter and who could drop assists as well.

Back