Michael Strahan Donating $100k To TSU's 'Ocean Of Soul'

Nelson

TigerFans Premium
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Texas Southern University alumnus Michael Strahan is offering his alma mater's marching band some big-time help.

Strahan announced Tuesday morning on ABC's 'Live with Kelly and Michael!' that he will donate $100,000 to help the 'Ocean of Soul' marching band get to Canton, Ohio in August. The band is trying to get there to play for Strahan's induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Earlier this month, comedian Kevin Hart pledged to donate $50,000 to the band.

Read the rest & watch the video: http://abc13.com/sports/michael-strahan-making-big-donation-to-tsus-ocean-of-soul/136582/

Nelson pid=1137 dateline=1403710062 said:
The positive press TSU is getting this past year, with much of it owed to Michael is going to translate into big bucks, brighter students, and higher enrollment this Fall.  Mark my words, the incoming class of 2014 will break numbers or get close to it .... I'm hearing so many positive things about TSU lately in the media and students wanting to go there.  It's an exciting time for the TSU community.

But I heard about quite a few students who were accepted but can't enroll b/c they simply can't afford it, TSU is more expensive and exclusive than what it use to be but you get what you pay for I guess. It's an emerging university with a heavy state-of-the-art campus in the 4th largest city in the US. But I'm hoping they still manage to bring the tuition down otherwise it'll become a school for well-off snobby kids and anti-social nerds like SMU which most ppl in N. TX don't like .... I would've been able to barely afford it if I was in undergrad now. My graduate school program at a big state school is a fool too so I feel their pain .... tuition inflation is real.

Back