Fighting PV for the best recruits (New Stadium era)

TXSUDFWTIGER

You're gonna get the kids who want to go to school in a small campus community and others who'd rather be in the city. Many kids are fickle when choosing a school. Those who aren't, will look at academics or whatever else is important instead of simply a stadium. Campus pride, however, needs to increase for us. It's there, but seems to come out a lot more whenever we play a rival like PV.

You're gonna get the kids who want to go to school in a small campus community and others who'd rather be in the city. Many kids are fickle when choosing a school. Those who aren't, will look at academics or whatever else is important instead of simply a stadium. Campus pride, however, needs to increase for us. It's there, but seems to come out a lot more whenever we play a rival like PV.
Right now PVAMU got us on campus pride (the shootings really put us back a bit) .... TSU definitely can compete though but the dynamic has changed now that PV has its new stadium for sure. I really wished TSU screened students better, I've encountered so many ignorant students who publicly bash their own school (to non-TSU people) with nothing positive to say other than "we lit at parties" or some other silly basic ass bullshit. Recruits hear and see this and it deters a few I'm sure .... leadership has to do a better job of curating camraderie and togetherness on campus. Maybe like create a new hand sign and call (Gig Em - A&M, Hook Em- UT, etc) like all Texas universities have. We have the TSTSTS U thing but so does Grambling so it's not unique. PV has the PV, U-know thing which I hear at parties all over Texas, cook outs, walking in the mall, high school graduations, etc ... it's catchy and creates camraderie.

Last edited:
Back